Photos, Hand-mades, Antiques, Gardening and Other Things I Fancy


Photobucket

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend Quack Grass Round-up

It has certainly been a while since my last posting.  I have missed my little blog and the time I have had to play on the computer has been used to read and catch up with all the bloggers I love to follow.  It's time to get a move on and let you know I haven't been completely idle all this while.
About the third week of March or thereabouts I started some seeds indoors.  I planted leeks and onions first, followed shortly behind with an assortment of hot peppers.
Being the thrifty/green gardener that I am, I saved,  rinsed out and cut down all the Timmy coffee cups we used at a work related seminar.   Turns out they make pretty good seedling pots.



Because the weather was spectacular over the weekend I decided there was no better time than the present to declare war on the quack grass that has plagued my veg garden these past few years.  So I tackled this. (see photo above)

Friday afternoon had it looking pretty much like this.
And Finally.....
I transformed it into this.

Using just a few favourite tools and a powerful determination to be rid of the dreaded grass roots if only for a a few weeks I kept at it for 2 full days.
Of course I have no feeling in my fingers and every muscle from the shoulders down is protesting my over zealous assault on all perenial weeds....but man it's a great feeling to be back in the dirt again!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how your seedlings grow. I am glad to see you back :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Primitive lovers had this to say