Photos, Hand-mades, Antiques, Gardening and Other Things I Fancy


Photobucket

Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Stoll Through The Herb Garden

This plot is supposed to represent "Early American Herbs" (as you can see by the small sign) however I couldn't see too much growing there and was unable to identify what was there with any degree of certainty. Perhaps we were just visiting at the wrong time of year.
This plot was much more lush although I have to admit I really couldn't identify too much. Feel free to throw in your 2 cents worth if you see anything you recognize.


After our self-guided tour we stopped to rest and rejuvinate at this lovely main street cafe. They sold every imaginable flavour combination....I had a large/ carmel/vanilla/whipped creamie/truly decadent/bazillion calorie coffee.

B.L. went crazy and ordered some sort of Snickerdoodle Mocha Chi Latte Piece de Resistance.
(please excuse me for not adding the accents where they belong...not sure how to do it on this keyboard.)



We enjoyed the late morning sunshine here at the streetside tables.
(Did a little people watching too...really...who doesn't do that...come on....admit it.)


The Medicinal Herb plot appeared to have a copious amount of mint and a jumble of other herbacous plants that again had me sorely vexed.

And, lastly, the Biblical Herbs....I was able to identify the Lady's Mantle growing here.
If I went again I would be sure to take a pocket field guide along.

"Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a morning need anything else? "

~Betsy Canas Garmon~

http://www.wildthymecreative.com/


Never being one to conform...I set this post up as Garden, Coffee, Garden... but it's still a wonderful way to spend some leisure time.
I hope you enjoyed your tour through the Arboretum with me.
Cheers
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of a better way to spend the day, except as Betsy Garmon was quoted as saying, " Coffee, garden, coffee..."

    Hubby and I love to people watch--especially in Airports or Malls, but really anywhere is fun.

    I enjoyed getting to know you a little better through your blog, and thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Primitive lovers had this to say