Photos, Hand-mades, Antiques, Gardening and Other Things I Fancy


Photobucket

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Roadside Beauty

Daucus carota, wild carrot or Queen Anne's lace, whatever you wish to call it, this fine example was growing alongside the road. They grow in abundance here and to many are considered weeds. I have been a lazy gardener this summer and now they are in abundance in my garden too. So rather than berate this slothful gardener I will celebrate the beauty that has emerged untended.
I hope you have had time to enjoy some of life's simple pleasures today.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Jackie, I also pick them for wonderful bouquets...They have such a light airy look that I also enjoy to look at...

    Maybe we've 'ALL' been lazy Gardeners this summer!!!

    Godspeed...Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Dear Primitive lovers had this to say